Achille Zoia's Butter Stollen
- flour 1250 grams (2.8 lbs)
- brewer’s yeast 200 grams (approx. 7 oz)
- milk 750 grams (approx. 26.5 fluid oz)
Knead and leave to rise for at least 20 minutes.
- Flour 1250 grams (2.8 lbs)
- butter 1350 grams
- sugar 350 grams
- almond paste 150 grams
- salt 30 grams
- grated lemon zest 8 grams
- milk 370 grams
Soften the almond paste with milk, knead and add the following fruits:
- raisins 2000 grams
- diced candied lemon 500 grams
- diced candied orange 400 grams
- coarsley ground white almonds 400 grams
- rum 200 grams
Leave to rise for 90 minutes, press the dough and leave to rise for a further 30 minutes, then put in moulds and leave to rise for another 90 minutes.
Bake at 180° with an open valve, ultimately leaving to cool then add sugar as one does for Pandoro with dusting sugar, preferably flavoured.